Does health insurance cover the cost of vein treatments?
The answer is maybe. Varicose vein treatments are usually covered by health insurance plans. The likelihood your insurance plan will cover the cost of your vein treatments depends on your specific vein symptoms, whether or not you have venous reflux disease (determined by ultrasound), and the size of the abnormal veins. Since most people who present to the doctor with varicose veins have symptomatic venous reflux disease (faulty vein valves within the leg veins), health insurance usually does cover varicose vein treatments. Spider vein therapy is typically considered cosmetic therapy and is typically not covered by health insurance. If you have a combination of varicose veins and spider veins, then the varicose vein treatments may be eligible for coverage while the spider vein treatment would not. Our insurance specialists with help assist you in determining whether your treatments will be paid for by your insurance plan prior to scheduling any therapy. We will diligently work with your health insurance provider to maximize their coverage of any costs. Call our facility if you have any specific questions regarding insurance accepted by Austin Vein Specialists.
We currently accept the following insurance plans:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield (all major plans, including most PPO and HMO plans)
- United Healthcare (all major plans, including most PPO and HMO plans)
- Cigna (all major plans, including Multiplan, Beech Street, and Greatwest networks)
- Humana (all major plans, including most HMO and Gold Plus plans)
- Baylor Scott & White
- Medicare & Medicaid
- Medicare Replacement Plans
- Ascension Seton Health Plans
- Ascension Seton Star Health Plan
- Ascension Seton Smart health PPO
- Tricare for Life
- Tricare Standard
- Multiple Network
- AARP Medicare Complete Choice
If your insurance plan is not listed, please call and inquire on whether we accept your insurance plan, as this list may not be all-inclusive. We are also in the process of continuing to add additional insurance contracts to our vein center, so it may be possible that your policy may have been added since this list was last updated.